In the last few weeks before the World Vaccine Congress in Barcelona, our start-up zone is reaching capacity! This week we are pleased to present another set of organisations that have already secured their spaces in the zone. To see previous introductions head over to our technology section.
Why be a start-up at the World Vaccine Congress?
Start-ups whose applications are successful are entitled to several unique benefits, including exhibition wall space, 2 complimentary passes, and marketing materials. For the first time at this event, there is the opportunity to participate in a 5-minute pitch during lunch breaks, an exciting way of introducing yourselves to colleagues and potential partners.
Our wonderful start-up manager, Isabella Aung, will receive your application and guide you through the process. She is looking forward to hearing more from interested companies, so do get in touch with her here via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or head straight to the application page here.
“I am super excited to connect with and welcome even more start-ups to our start-up zone at our Congress this October! It’s going to be our biggest and most exciting start-up zone yet!”
- Developing new approaches for the development of cancer vaccines that have broad applicability to specific patient populations, in contrast with other vaccine approaches, through which bespoke cancer vaccines are developed for individual patients, a costly and time-consuming practice.
- The core technology of AilseVax is the AltRNA8V™ antigen discovery engine, which aims to exploit the untapped antigenic potential encoded in tumour-specific mRNAs. To enhance the immunogenicity of new cancer antigens identified from the platform (and indeed other cancer and non-cancer antigens), the team has developed an exciting new approach to enhance antigen presentation.
- ASET™ (Antigen to Surface Enhancement Technology) is an antigen presentation boosting technology that is adapted specifically for RNA-based vaccines.
- Building a genomics intelligence platform for the next generation of BioTech. The platform simplifies complex genomics data analysis, making it accessible across your organisation regardless of technical experience.
- Integrating the workflows alongside clients’ teams, they centralise and unlock value within genomics data.
- The goal is to reduce processing time so clients can focus on high-impact work; a modular approach allows them to rapidly customise workflows tailored to your needs.
- Founded to foster understanding and collaboration between data and people. They believe bringing clarity and understanding to complex genomics is key to accelerating discovery.
- The mission is to design safe and powerful innovations deriving from genetic engineering. The team has designed a new generation of nanoparticles combining the advantages of the LNPs and the viral vectors. These generations are constituted by viral packaging enabling good efficacy and stability, containing non-viral RNA and conferring a high biosafety level.
- The new nanoparticles have demonstrated an ability to efficiently enter human primary dendritic cells, and have been tested for their ability to induce an immune response through different ways of administration in an Ovalbumin mouse model. Furthermore, they can induce high protection with a mouse malaria model.
- A biotech consultancy that works internationally helping both small and large biopharmaceutical companies in the development of their medicines. Offers both technical and commercial support for biotech products across a wide range of large molecule product types including vaccines, gene and cell therapies, monoclonal antibodies, recombinant proteins, and peptides.
- GRA offers both consultancy and training services to clients covering all CMC elements that include process and analytical development, formulation design and filling of biologics, quality assurance as well as non-clinical activities, including complex statistical analysis and support on CMC, non-clinical, and clinical.
- Has experience in product characterisation and product stability evaluation, including specifications, supporting CMC elements together with their regulatory strategy and submissions.
- Experienced in process characterisation and validation and the generation of process control strategies. GRA has expertise that includes scale down models and manufacturing developers. GRA are QbD practitioners, including advising on risk assessments and the appropriate use of statistics for experiment design to determine process operating ranges.
- At HiLung the team uses proprietary respiratory cell differentiation and engineering technologies to mass produce airway and alveolar epithelial cells and organoids from human iPSCs (induced pluripotent stem cells) in both 2D and 3D formats, with added complexity as needed, such as macrophages and fibroblasts.
- The very human-relevant cells can be used for various purposes, from assessment of epithelial entry/uptake and antibody activity in vitro, to generation of viral and respiratory subcellular compounds as vaccine components, using respiratory cells as organic production beds.
- More readily, they offer CRO services assessing therapeutic candidates, for disease such as respiratory infections, pulmonary fibrosis and cystic fibrosis, and for lung toxicity and pollutant particle screening. The organoids’ accessibility and additive complexity enable unique and highly reproducible opportunities for granular analysis such as single cell-seq and cytokine profiling.
- They also offer underlying alveolar and airway cell plates for customers as ready-to-use, room temperature shipment in both ALI and conventional submerged formats. The latter has high throughput as 96- and 384-well plates, which are particularly useful in respiratory pandemic preparedness contexts.
- Offers novel and human-relevant insights from the unique platform technology by “Translating human(e) inspiration”.
- We also offer underlying alveolar and airway cell plates for customers as ready-to-use, room temperature shipment, in both in ALI (air-liquid interface) and in conventional submerged formats, the latter with high throughput as 96- and 384-well plates – which are particularly useful in respiratory pandemic preparedness context. We offer novel and human-relevant insights from our unique platform technology, by “Translating human(e) inspiration”.
Stay tuned for more start-up news, and make sure you subscribe to our weekly newsletters!