The World Vaccine Congress in Washington DC, April 2022, was a resounding success with record numbers of attendees and speakers. For a lucky few it also presented the opportunity to have their contributions recognised in our prestigious 15th Vaccine Industry Excellence Awards! Read on to meet our 2022 ViE winners.
Best Clinical Trial Site award – CTI Clinical Research Centre
- The CTI Clinical Research Centre is in Norwood, Ohio, and runs Phase I-IV studies for sponsors. They specialise in in “making sure our study participants are well-informed and comfortable”.
Best Clinical Trial Network award – Alliance for Multispecialty Research
- The AMR aims to “conduct high quality, ethical clinical research” with a focus on patient welfare.
Best Central/Speciality Laboratory award – Nexelis, a Q2 Solutions Company
- Nexelis describes itself as a “multinational powerhouse with unparalleled expertise in immunology”
Best Contract Research Organisation award – Thermo Fisher Scientific’s PPD Clinical Research Services
- Thermo Fisher’s PPD services “enable customers to accelerate innovation and increase drug development productivity” by using “patient-centred strategies and data analytics”.
Best Contract Manufacturing Organisation award – Catalent
- Catalent describes itself as the “global leader in enabling pharma, biotechnology, and consumer health partners”.
Best Production/Process Development award – Batavia Biosciences
- Batavia Biosciences is a contract development and manufacturing organisation that aims to be a “product development partner and thought partner” instead of “your standard CDMO.
Best New Vaccine Technology/Platform award – Moderna
- Moderna aims to “deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients”.
Best Academic/Research Team award – Texas Children’s Hospital Centre for Vaccine Development – Dr Peter Hotez and Dr Maria Elena Botazzi
- The Centre for Vaccine Development has “led and revolutionised national and international efforts in threats to global health”. With “world leaders” driving their research, they are also involved in “science communications and public outreach”.
Best Pharma award – Pfizer
- Pfizer describes itself as “in relentless pursuit of breakthroughs that change patients’ lives” to make the world a “healthier place”.
Best Logistics Technology and Cold Chain Delivery award – DP World
- DP World is the “leading provider of smart logistics solutions” to promote the “flow of trade across the globe”.
Best Covid Vaccine award – BioNTech/Pfizer
- BioNTech describes itself as a “global immunotherapy powerhouse” with the intention of translating “science into survival”.
Who will get your vote for a shot (all puns intended) at glory at the 2023 World Vaccine Congress? To reserve your spot at the congress click here!