We are now down to just weeks to the World Vaccine Congress in Barcelona, and our start-up zone is reaching capacity! This week we are delighted to introduce another batch of organisations that have already secured their spaces in the zone. To see previous introductions head over to our technology section.
Why be a start-up at the World Vaccine Congress?
Start-ups whose applications are successful are entitled to several unique benefits, including exhibition wall space, 2 complimentary passes, and marketing materials. For the first time at this event, there is the opportunity to participate in a 5-minute pitch during lunch breaks, an exciting way of introducing yourselves to colleagues and potential partners.
Our wonderful start-up manager, Isabella Aung, will receive your application and guide you through the process. She is looking forward to hearing more from interested companies, so do get in touch with her here via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or head straight to the application page here.
“I am super excited to connect with and welcome even more start-ups to our start-up zone at our Congress this October! It’s going to be our biggest and most exciting start-up zone yet!”
- Founded in 2019 as a biotech start-up in France, Adjuvantec’s team has more than 20 years of experience in the design of excipients, immune formulations, immune assays, project management, and strategic partnering.
- Dedicated to the development of new and innovative immunostimulatory compounds and vaccine adjuvants for veterinary and human applications.
- Focuses on the mechanisms of actions and on the structure-to function relations in the vaccine adjuvant design
- Through its IMUNYS service, Adjuvantec also focuses on immunology laboratory service at proof-of-concept stage, providing data on effector and memory immune response upon request.
- Offers a complete set of Smart Immune Assays with high class immune analysis and techniques on murine model: ELISA, ELISPOT, FLUOROSPOT, and Flow cytometry.
- The team acts as a partner and designs the assays according to project specifications.
- A broad-spectrum vaccine platform technology company, founded by leading experts in pharmaceutical development, immunology, vaccine science, computational biology, and broadly neutralising antibody engineering.
- On a mission to accelerate the world’s transition to a post-pathogen humanity.
- Developed an epitope-focusing platform for use in developing broad-spectrum vaccines for rapidly mutating pathogens. This has demonstrated unprecedented breadth of protection from influenza in ferrets and pigs.
- Offers MHC associated peptide proteomics (MAPPS) as a service.
- Developed an advanced immunopeptidomics platform, which allows fast and reliable identification of immunogenic peptides to pinpoint all peptide regions that evoke an immune response.
- Key applications include pinpointing immunogenic areas for the development of broad-spectrum vaccines, identification of neo-antigens for the generation of leads suitable for immunotherapy, and testing of biotherapeutics for unwanted immunogenicity.
- An innovative spin-out company that originated in the RCSI University of Medicine and Health Sciences.
- Developing a biomarker-guided precision medicine to reduce barrier damage that manifests as sepsis, COVID-19, and other acute host responses to bacterial, viral, or fungal pathogen infection.
- The team’s non-antimicrobial approach aims to save lives and improve health of patients where there are limited or not treatment options while also mitigating the risk of antimicrobial resistance.
Jurata Thin Film
- The think film technology stabilises vaccines and biologics at room temperature, even elevated temperatures. Thin film manufacturing does not require lyophilisation and can be completed in 3-4 hours, potentially increasing pharmaceutical manufacturing efficiency.
- Vaccines and biologics stabilised in the team’s thin film can be administered via sublingual, buccal, intranasal, or parenteral routes.
- The flexibility that is offered enables needle-free administration of vaccines and biologics.
- The combined benefits of the technology in pharmaceutical manufacturing, delivery, and access mean that it enables strategic pandemic preparedness for current and future public health crises.
Stay tuned for more start-up news, and make sure you subscribe to our weekly newsletters!