With under two months until our World Vaccine Congress in Barcelona this October, our start-up zone is continuing to grow! This week we are pleased to present more organisations that are lined up to join us. To see previous introductions head over to our technology section.
Why be a start-up at the World Vaccine Congress?
Start-ups whose applications are successful are entitled to several unique benefits, including exhibition wall space, 2 complimentary passes, and marketing materials. For the first time at this event, there is the opportunity to participate in a 5-minute pitch during lunch breaks, an exciting way of introducing yourselves to colleagues and potential partners.
Our wonderful start-up manager, Isabella Aung, will receive your application and guide you through the process. She is looking forward to hearing more from interested companies, so do get in touch with her here via email (email@example.com) or head straight to the application page here.
“I am super excited to connect with and welcome even more start-ups to our start-up zone at our Congress this October! It’s going to be our biggest and most exciting start-up zone yet!”
- An emerging start-up founded in 2018 by a team of life science, cybersecurity, and digital innovation experts. It aims to revolutionise healthcare through an innovative digital simulation platform, where complex computational simulations run in an easy and cost-effective way to hype-accelerate drug and medical device development.
- The platform primarily targets users from the medical devices and pharmaceutical sectors. The in silico tools available for medical devices enable computational testing in different biomedical areas such as radiology, orthopaedics, and cardiovascular during product design, development, and validation processes. For the pharmaceutical sector, the platform provides access to in silico tools developed at all stages of the drug discovery and development processes and for many therapeutic areas.
- The technology can increase the quality of life of millions of patients by allowing cheaper treatments, bringing innovative drugs to the market in a shorter time, with personalised cures and new solutions for rare diseases.
- Provides vaccine developers and manufacturers with reliable and precise biomolecule characterisation data and concentration measurements.
- The proprietary and patented chemical treatment, applied to chips and nanoparticles, allows for unprecedented Surface Plasmon Resonance analysis (affinity, avidity), as well as sensitive detection assays such as rapid tests and immuno-PCR.
- Their technology and expertise support the development of antibody, peptide, or oligonucleotide-based vaccines, accelerating and optimising the pre-clinical phase for pharmaceutical companies.
- An ISO 9001 certified company based in France, collaborating with laboratories across Europe, North America, and Asia.
Market Access Africa
- A mission-driven healthcare organisation that works with public, private, and third sectors to design and deliver transformational healthcare solutions for Africa.
- The team envisions an Africa where world-class healthcare is the standard, and where deep-rooted inequities are a thing of the past. To solve complex problems on the ground, they curate and advance bold ideas that accelerate access to the best innovations and appropriate solutions for Africa’s health systems.
- Daring to raise the level of ambition for what is possible in African healthcare, they partner with organisations across the healthcare ecosystem to develop bespoke solutions that recognise and leverage the uniqueness and dynamism of the different African countries in which they work.
- An innovative start-up that was founded in 2020 as a spinoff of the University of Catania, offering the biomedical industry and pharmaceutical companies the first generation of in silico solutions. These are computational models that can replicate the behaviour of the human immune system and simulate its responses both in the presence of viruses, bacteria, tumours, and auto-immune diseases, and in the presence of pharmacological therapies. Thus, the time and costs of research and drug development are considerably reduced.
- The main product is the Universal Immune System Simulator (UISS). Thanks to the use of virtual patients, the framework simulates the effects of a given therapy on the immune system, reducing the risk of possible side effects and predicting effectiveness before implementation.
- The company is committed to reducing regulatory barriers in the adoption of in silico models and cares about ethics. The solutions do not require the use of any humans, which reduces the number of patients participating in in vivo clinical trials.
- The founding partners have more than twenty years of research behind them, and continue research work with other members.
Stay tuned for more start-up news, and make sure you subscribe to our weekly newsletters!