As we get closer to the World Vaccine Congress in Barcelona this October our start-up zone is growing every week. This week we are delighted to continue introducing several organisations that have already secured their spots at the event and hope to encourage you to join them there! For previous introductions head to our technology section!
Why be a start-up at the World Vaccine Congress?
Start-ups whose applications are successful are entitled to several unique benefits, including exhibition wall space, 2 complimentary passes, and marketing materials. For the first time at this event, there is the opportunity to participate in a 5-minute pitch during lunch breaks, an exciting way of introducing yourselves to colleagues and potential partners.
Our wonderful start-up manager, Isabella Aung, will receive your application and guide you through the process. She is looking forward to hearing more from interested companies, so do get in touch with her here via email (email@example.com) or head straight to the application page here.
“I am super excited to connect with and welcome even more start-ups to our start-up zone at our Congress this October! It’s going to be our biggest and most exciting start-up zone yet!”
Eyam Vaccines and Immunotherapeutics
- On a mission to design and develop third generation vaccine technologies that create universal coverage and protection through the proprietary Gemini self-amplifying RNA and DNA platform.
- The team is designing and testing universal vaccines to protect against COVID-19, influenza, and other diseases by leveraging the Jennerator Bioinformatics Platform.
- On the therapeutics front, the company is advancing an antibody biologic for the treatment of leukaemia and lymphoma.
- Dedicated to solving the T cell specificity problem with AI, unleashing the full potential of T cell-based vaccines and therapeutics.
- The team believes that T cells are extremely important for sustainable vaccine-induced immunity and uses AI-driven immuno-informatics to support partners with vaccine development that puts T cells at the forefront.
- Currently offering technology-based services to vaccine developers.
- The DESIGN platform is an AI-driven reverse vaccinology pipeline that starts from a pathogen’s genome. Using a range of major and minor criteria, such as protein location and expression level, MHC presentability, and potential for TCR binding, the computational workflow identifies and prioritises the most immunogenic proteins or peptides. This reduces the number of targets that need to be tested, thus reducing development time and cost.
- Builds on years of collaboration between clinicians and data scientists at the University of Antwerp and Antwerp University Hospital, with a long scientific track record and extensive expertise in biomolecular data mining, medical artificial intelligence, and computational and translational immunology.
- Founded in 2021 to bring academic innovations closer to patients and make a real difference in their lives.
- A privately owned life sciences company based in the northeast of the UK, founded in 2021 to use multi-patented technology to quickly produce large quantities of pure synthetic DNA through environmentally conscious processes.
- Developing a novel method of DNA synthesis to enable the cost-effective production of oligonucleotides at impressive scale, speed, and accuracy. The platform will enable synthesis of whole genes and DNA fragments of unprecedented length without the use of plasmids or primers, existing bottlenecks in the synthetic biology industry.
- The technology has broad applications across multiple areas.
- The team’s mission is to enable game-changing technologies by providing novel high-quality material at scale – not only making products but empowering the most cutting-edge technologies to make an impact on the world.
- A specialist consultancy founded by vaccine experts, comprising a comprehensive and complementary tea of vaccine consultants with decades of vaccine research, process development, shop-floor manufacturing, regulatory, and clinical experience.
- Founded in 2018 in response to a lack of available and comprehensive help with developing and funding vaccines, the team works with clients including researchers, funders, developers, manufacturers, banks, and investors.
- With a combined experience of more than 100 years, the team satisfies the requirements of private and public entities, providing know-how across all aspects of vaccine development and manufacturing.
- Colleagues are handpicked for a love of formal vaccine development and informal esoteric discussions to create an enthusiastic and motivated work environment.
Stay tuned for more start-up news, and make sure you subscribe to our weekly newsletters!